Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Cheese (warning, not Paleo)

    Good morning everyone! I write today's blog in my apartment, however I'll be Texas bound in just a matter of hours. No worries, I will be back Friday night (that's the plan) and the rambles will continue to continue.

I wonder if Texas is a fan of Paleo

     Today I'll be bringing you the best in obscure sports from around the world... today, is Cheese Racing!

I'm sure it's just a "Cheat Day" thing

      Meet a "sport" that's over 200 years old... chasing a wheel of cheese down a hill. Every year at Cooper's Hill in Gloucester, England, people come from around the world to participate in the annual Cheese-rolling contest.

     There are not an enormous amount of rules for the event, it's very simple: a large wheel of cheese is chased after down a steep hill (cheese gets a one second head start). In theory, the person that catches the cheese, wins the cheese. However, said item can reach up to 70 miles an hour... so best of luck there. So, if no cheese is nabbed, the first person to cross the finish line at the bottom wins the wheel.


     Wouldn't this be a way to celebrate out fitness? I mean what better way to push yourself, than to chase after the thing we shouldn't eat anyway... Just poking a little fun. It's amazing what things you can find out in the world, and what people will do for competition. I'm not saying this is dumb or stupid... just a little strange. Oh well, if anyone decides to chase the cheese, you know where to go. So chase that cheese, keep it Paleo, and more than ever... do burpees.


"Benchmark Sunday" - "Grace" - January 30, 2011 from Central Bucks CrossFit on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD


Pack, for time
Kidding, it was a rest day


Paleo Challenge Day 29/30
Alrighty... just one day left, still going. I thought about cheating yesterday, just cause I'm almost there, but then again... I'm almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment