Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011... for time

     Well a new year is upon us. Funny, doesn't smell any different. Oh well, we all know its a new one. I'm sure we all had some very healthy and Paleo snacks and drink last night... right? It's all good, just hit that reset button and get back on the wagon.



    With the new year comes new rambles, so lets kick this off. Ok, now I have to warn everyone before hand. Searching the Internet for odd exercises (good and bad) I came across a very weird routine. The warning is that this includes topics of the sexual nature... that being said, if you're still reading this, lets press on.

...

     Coregasm. there I said it. Various exercise magazines and sites are reporting a number of females reaching orgasm while at the gym. The biggest culprit of said activity is the hanging leg raise. Take a look:




     Apparently, work on the core (and also the kegels) stimulates that... funny feeling... mid-workout. And viola. From the video above, you see the hanging leg raise being used as example. Researchers say (yes, people research this) that not only the core strengthening exercises, but work on inner thigh, quads and hips also does the trick. Some people (women) say that within 5 hanging leg raises its blast off time. Experts also urge proper form when doing these exercises (good call).

     So, I guess you'll never look at Toes-to-Bar and Knees-to Elbows the same way again, and the GHD situp... forget it. Alright folks, time to take our minds back out of the gutter, and back on the path of elite fitness. So keep at it, hit the gym and follow those resolutions, and as always... do burpees.



3,2,1 GO!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Strength/WOD:


Strength

Squat 5/3/1 Week 4
120 lbs x 5 (60%)
130 lbs x 5 (65%)
140 lbs x 5 (70%)


WOD

"Fran"
21-15-9
Thrusters #95
Pullups
Time - 5:56 Rx
This was a great way to end the new year, with almost a 4 minute PR on such a nasty PR. All pullups were unbroken, and I limited a lot of my rest time while breaking up the thrusters. Happy New Year!

Tomorrow I'll be starting a 30 day strict Paleo stint. I'm not going to bore you with what I ate, but I'm just going to jot down my thoughts and rambles about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment