Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

On the road again

     Hey everyone! What in the wide world of sports is going on? It's ramble time again, if you already don't know by now. If this is new to you, then welcome to the page where I write down anything that pops into my little head... shall we continue?




     Well, it's Sunday (just pointing that out), and a great day to talk about on the road fitness. I bring this up because I will be travelling for work, and from the looks of it, will not have a nearby CrossFit gym to drop into. Has anyone else ran into this situation?

     Keeping our fitness in check on the road can be a little bit of a challenge, especially when eating strict Paleo. With proper planning and dedication, it can still work. I'll be staying in a hotel with a fitness center, so the options can be somewhat limited. I'm sure I won't be looking forward to a bar, bumper plates and a squat rack. But what I should have available is some light dumbbells, and some decent room to move around. Also, I have what everyone else has at their disposal... my own bodyweight.

     Just google search "bodyweight CrossFit WOD" and I promise that you will find a plethora of WODs that require nothing but bodyweight. Got a deck of cards? Then assign a movement to each suite and go through the deck until complete. There is very little excuses that you have not to still get some work done without a friendly box at your disposal. Yes, you are doing this on your own, and you don't have anyone else to push yourself. But, being able to motivate yourself to move quickly is something important that you can work on as well.

     So, that's it guys. Next time you go out of town, come up with a game plan of what you can do. Maybe a little bodyweight WOD in the AM, before your shower and coffee. Or, finish the day with a chipper using a pair of dumbbells. I know you guys can do.

     Let me offer this small disclaimer. Since I do not exactly know my schedule during this next week, the rambles could be a little scarce. I promise I will try everything I can do to get word to everyone... but just be prepared if things don't work out. Alright, so while I'm gone, continue to train hard, move fast... and do burpees. See ya folks!



2010 Mets Weightlifting Championships from Strongtimes Staff on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Strength/WOD:


Strength

Bench Press (conjugate method )
12 x 2 reps at 115 lbs
The conjugate method involves lifting 50-60% of 1 rep max 10-12 rounds done at one minute intervals. I did this method because a barbell with 35 and 45 lb plates were all I had available.


WOD

12 minute AMRAP
5 Push Press 115 lbs
10 pullups
15 pushups
Rounds - 7 full
This was an at home WOD as well, since I had the Barbell available I figure I'd put it to use. This was a burner.


Paleo Challenge Day 7/10
Still feeling good, and I think it helped out on the home WOD and everything else I did... so, ya know... yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment