Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Credit where credit is due

     Weekend is here folks (unless your reading this late), so I hope you're all taking advantage of it. Speaking of the weekend, after this weekend I'll be out of town again. I'm going to be bringing my laptop with me, so there is no reason to assume the blogs will not post... just giving you a heads up. Now lets get rambling.


     I want to give you guys a heads up in the world on current event. As you all know, CrossFit is a wonderful Strength and Conditioning, and the training process for the Specialty Certifications and the Level-1 Certification have been improving throughout the years. In fact, just recently the CrossFit Level-1 certification has received accreditation by the American National Standards Institute-Certification Accreditation Program (ANSI-CAP).

     The ANSI-CAP is a private non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance US global competitiveness and the American quality of life by promoting, facilitating, and safeguarding the integrity of voluntary standardization and conformity assessment system (quoted from press release).

     Its amazing that CrossFit, a program that many outside of the community scoff at, is receiving such accreditation. CrossFit has evolved its Level-1 certification from a "Weekend Death March" with no testing, to a strictly scheduled and knowledge based certification that requires a certain amount of knowledge to complete. I'm not knocking the old cert process, or anyone that's received their L-1 through the older certs. Besides, everyone has to take the test now anyway.

     Like CrossFit, I try to expend my fitness knowledge and become a better trainer. I'm always seeking out better ways to train and share it with everyone I know. But anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know whats up in the CrossFit world. This may not be terribly interesting for you guys, but I think it helps to know. So keep learning, don't stop training... and do burpees.




Pull Up Innovation wtih Pat Barber and Chris Spealler by CrossFit HQ from Mike Jackson on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Strength/WOD:
Both of which were taken from the CrossFit Football website


Strength
8 x 3 Bench Press at 75% of 1RM (155lbs)
3 x max reps one arm bent over row (50 lbs)
Haven't done bent over rows in years!!!


WOD
3 minute AMRAP
3 Power Cleans 155 lbs
6 pushups
9 air squats (even rounds) / 9 ring dips (odd rounds)
*rest one minute between AMRAP and complete a total of 6 times*
Rounds - 17 (1st-4, 2nd-3, 3rd-3, 4th-2, 5th-2, 6th-3)
This WOD was really tough. 155lb Power Cleans are no joke for me, missed a couple, but still fairly happy with that score.


Paleo Challenge Day 27/30
It's not that I'm not getting in the right foods. I'm just not getting in a lot of food. Mostly, this is due to being very busy at work and after. Still... 3 days to go

No comments:

Post a Comment