Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Biggest Loser (it's a good thing)

     Hey again everyone! I've returned from my arduous duty in... Indiana. Kinda tough doing the blogs and getting a WOD in on the road, but I've managed. And also, I've managed to keep bringing you more and more rambles. So lets keep this momentum going!




     So, I'm a huge fan of The Biggest Loser. I may not have TV, but hulu lets me keep up to date. Over the years there has been some amazing transformations on that show. People have lost hundreds of pounds. And over the span of the show, over 25,000 lbs have been lost! They are now in season 10, and this is the first time they've had a former Olympic Gold medalist. Wrestler Rulon Gardner is participating this season.


Rulon, after winning gold 


Rulon currently on The Biggest Loser

     Rulon is a wrestler by trade. He is currently a motivational speaker and owner of a gym, though it may not look like it right now. In 2000 Rulon won the Gold Medal is Greeco Roman Wrestling, against an opponent many thought was unbeatable. I actually remember watching this match take place. It was an inspiring win, and he grabbed the gold by one point! His next showing, he walked away with the Bronze (still an amazing feat).

     In his heyday as a wrestler, Rulon was coming in at about 280 pounds. Before starting The Biggest Loser, he topped the scaled in at 474 lbs! He says that after he stopped wrestling and training, he still continued to eat like an Olympic athlete. Soon he was diagnosed with sleep apnea and high blood pressure. Rulon decided it was time to take control of his life.

     I don't want you to focus on the fact that such an amazing athlete slipped like he did. I want you to realize the changes he is making in his life right now. In his first 2 week on the show, Rulon was able to lose 49 pounds, which is over 10 % body fat! He has the heart of a warrior, and I see him making an incredible transformation in to the man he once was.



3,2,1 GO!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD:


Rest Day


Paleo Challenge Day 11/30
It's a lot better being home! I got back from Indiana yesterday, so once I returned it felt easier to make good choices, since I have good options at home

No comments:

Post a Comment