Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Think about it

     Another day is upon us, and I found something interesting today. I have a "pep talk of the day" calender. It's kinda like the word a day calender, except instead of expanding you vocabulary, it just gets you going in the morning. Anyway, the calender said that the 19th of January, 2009, was the most depressing day in history... not sure why, but hey... we've already been through the worst, everything else is great from here on out.


     Alright, so we've been talking the last few days (off and on) about getting through the your WODs... so lets continue. I'm a big supported (obviously) of the mental game of CrossFit, so it's going to be more of that.

      What do you use to get you through the WOD, especially those long ones? We play some loud a$$ music during, does that take your mind off the pain? Do you focus on keeping track of your reps or rounds? Do you talk to yourself, and keep internal motivation to keep going?

     I'm in the camp of focusing on my reps. I tell myself what I want to get to, and focus on the counting. This helps me not loose count, and keeps me thinking of something else. Then during my rest time I focus, again, on counting how many breaths I allow myself to take before getting back to the bar.

     That's what I use, and it works for me. What works for you? I want to hear about your motivation that gets you through the pain. Maybe something out there will work better, but we won't know unless we here it. Sound off! Keep training, keep fighting, and as always... do burpees.





CrossFit Endurance Cycling from chanson on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD:


"G.I. Jane"
100 burpee pullups
Time - 12:30


Paleo Challenge Day 17/30
Kind of a rough day, not that I wasn't getting in the right foods. I was just a very busy day, and wasn't able to get a lot of food in... still Paleo though.

No comments:

Post a Comment