Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Where's the motivation?

     Hey there followers and readers (and welcome follower #8!). Nothing to start your Sunday like a good ol' fashion ramble. I think It'll be good to end the weekend with it too, especially since I'll be travelling all week. But again, travelling or not... you will get your blog. I don't want to disappoint.


     So, this is going to be a little bit of a "you know what grinds my gears post?"; but, I think many of you will see where I'm coming from. Now, I don't have cable or anything, so I'm limited to watching shows on Hulu. Well, there was a commercial for the "fantastic" 5-hour energy drink, and it kinda made me raise an eyebrow (don't feel bad if you can't do that... its a CrossFit skill we can work on).

     Anyway, let me just give you the condensed version, as this is the few statements that were made in said commercial. To give you the set-up (if you haven't seen this), its a woman lying in bed. And scene:

  • "There should be a law against sweating before 9am"
  • "I just don't want to do this"
  • "Coffee? No, I need a 5 hour energy drink"
  • After the 5 hour energy the woman had enough "motivation" to workout by walking on a treadmill

     Alright, so maybe this is just me being picky, but I don't think so. It's just a weird message to see about working out. Think about it, working out before 9am? Come on, who here has hit a WOD during a 6am class? I'll bet you dollars to Paleo donuts that a good ol' CrossFit session will give you some energy in the morning. Second, I don't want to do this? That seems like some pretty poor self talk. It's kinda like telling yourself you can't do something before you ever start. Thirdly, the woman passes up a good opportunity to have some coffee (and maybe throw in some coconut milk to keep it Paleo). Finally, her "workout" that she can't motivate herself to do is walking on the treadmill. I mean, par for the course that she mad it on there... but come on, a set of tabatas would do you better and be a lot quicker.

     Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox high horse and stop critiquing everything about this. But, I think we tend to view motivation and fitness a little different. So, I guess whatever it takes. Through, I'm sure we don't need crack in a 2 oz bottle to get us moving. Alright, I'll be nicer. So stay motivated, keep training... and do burpees.



3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD:


20 minute AMRAP
4 Manmaker 40 lb  (plank, DB pushup, DB row each arm, clean-to-thruster)
8 Box Jumps 24"
12 Kettlebell Swings 70 lbs
Rounds - 6 + 1 Manmaker
It was supposed to be 53 lb swings... but we ran out of KBs... had to go heavy

then... partner cash out
1500 m row
200 situps
Did this with a weighted vest on... I don't know why, but we came in 3rd


Paleo Challenge Day 28/30
Wonderful dinner last night of Paleo Spaghetti and paleo cookies to top it off... yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment