Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More rest...

     Howdy everyone... that's my Texan greeting... what do you think? Alright, so enough of all that... lets begin the Texan flavored rambles (no idea what kind of flavor that is).


     OK, so I'm just going to bring up a short discussion today. Seeing as how I'm on the road, taking care of our fitness can be a little more difficult. We don't have the foods we normally eat, the gym we go to, our WOD partners we frequently see. And if travel weighs you down, and all you can do is some pushups in your hotel room... nothing wrong with that.

     If you need to take an "on-the-fly" Rest Day... go ahead and do it. That was my yesterday, I was travelling all day in the air, and on the ground. I'm not trying to make an excuse, but I was a little beat down. So... I made yesterday another Rest Day, and I think I'll be just fine because of it.

     I know there's a need to never miss a WOD, and can't take more than one Rest Day in a row. Hell guys, I've heard of some people that will take a Rest Week (which I like the sound of). But, as long as were still eating right, resting well and taking care of ourselves, we should be just fine to hit your next WOD. Heck, we might even come back stronger since our bodies are rested a little more.

     Well, that's it for now folks. Just think about how much rest your getting, and the quality of it as well. Keep at it, stretch it out... and do burpees.


Crossfit Zurich I Will from Consider This on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yesterday's WOD


Sit up my ass... for time
I was on an airplane for most of the day and driving around... call it a rest day


Paleo Challenge Day 30/30
Alright, 30 full days! Its been a good ride, noticed a lot of changes, as usual. Now I'll have a few cheat meals while I'm travelling, but keep it fairly Paleo when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment