Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

This may get hazy

     Hey again everyone! *whew* I am pooped out from partying over my 100th blog post yesterday. Oh well, that day has gone and went, now it's time I set my sights for 200... only 99 to go now.


     Alright guys and gals... and Parth (awesome joke if he see this). So today we're going to break down a bit about some mid-WOD troubles some of you (including myself) have run into.

     So, the excitement of 3,2,1 GO! can cause us to go buck wild on the WOD. We all want to hit that PR and move weight quickly, but there's still some thought that goes into it. We're not all knuckle-draggers, I want you guys to at least be able to count. Yes, I'm talking about losing count of reps mid-WOD. You wouldn't think it would be hard to remember, but with loud music playing and sweaty bodies flying all around, it can be easy to forget where you are.

     So there you are, "it's rep 23... wait, or did I just do 23 and that was 24? ... what happened to 22?" We've all been there, you forget what you just did. Now what are your goals here, PR at all cost? No, I'm venturing to say that we're all chipping away trying to improve our fitness. So when it comes down to whether you don't know if you're on rep 20 or 21... your on 20. Don't check yourself, that one extra box jump, pullup, situp, etc. is not going to kill you. Take a breath, remember where you are, and get back to it.

     Basically folks, I don't want you to cheat yourselves. I'm not saying that I see this happening all the time, but I just want you to be aware that it can happen. Check your ego when you put on your favorite WOD shirt, and do that work... even if that means a few extra reps. So jump high, throw weights... and do burpees.




3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD

5 rounds for time
6 135 lb Front Squat
12 burpees
12 20 lb Wallball situps
Time - 9:39


Paleo Challenge Day 21/30
Kinda counting down the days. It's great to eat Paleo, don't get me wrong. But. I wouldn't mind a cheat meal every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment