Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where are you going?

     Hey there party people. So, I have to say, I'm amazed at something. I left St. Louis the other day to come to Texas. St. Louis has a few inches of ice and are getting dumped on by snow. Texas WAS 60 degrees when I get here... now it's snowing. What the hell?! Oh well, just thought I would share, now lets get to the important stuff.


     So I saw something that made me shake my head a little bit this morning during breakfast at my hotel. there was a "large" man making himself a large burrito, with extra sausage on the side with another plate with 3 waffles and 4 cartons of milk. It seems that he was just struggling with the arduous task and standing and breathing.

     Now, I don't want to make it sound like I'm judging said individual, or seem superior, cause that's not how I roll. I kind of felt bad. Most CrossFitters out there not only bring intensity and dedication to the box, but also to their daily lives. Whether you Paleo, Zone or just try to eat healthy, most of us out there do think of these things... so what about everyone else?

     Why are we the ones that realize that grains are NOT the greatest thing since sliced bread? Why do we try and push our bodies to the limit of our capacity? Why are we constantly trying to be faster and stronger? And most importantly, why isn't everyone else?

     I guess I just find it strange. I mean, we work hard to lift heavy things, and move our bodies quickly and train the ways many people won't. But, do you ever stop and take stock in how much you're improving your quality of life? I hope to CrossFit till I'm an old fart that can still do a muscle up. So it begs the question... where do you want CrossFit to take you?

     Well, I'll leave you folks with that thought and question. I'd love to here comments about why you CrossFit, and what you want out of it. If I at least got you to think about it... then I've done my job. So eat right, jump high... and do burpees.



Elite CrossFit - The Misconception of from Glenn Jordan on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yesterday's WOD


20 min AMRAP
1 burpee (increase 1 burpee per round)
5 situps (same every round)
Rounds - 19 + 7 burpees

No comments:

Post a Comment