Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

New Challenge!!!

     Hey there folks. I had to write the ol' blog last night, since I'm spending a whopping 10 hours at a competition at CrossFit TNT... so I hope you enjoy the ramble. Just assume I'm sore as hell.


     Alright folks, I have a new challenge to issue. And don't worry, you have time to figure out if you'd like to accept or not. As some of you may or may not know, I will soon be deploying to the middle east, roughly 180 days. That got me thinking a little bit, about what type of crazy CrossFit stunt I could pull while out there. Well I'm calling myself out on a challenge, and offering the same to you.

     So, on Day 1 of deployment I will do 1 burpee. On Day 2 of deployment I will do 2 burpees (get the picture). So you can imagine, on Day 180 I will do 180 burpees. The burpees will not have to be done all at once, they can be spread throughout the day. However, to save you from doing the math, that is over 16,000 burpees in a 6 month period. I will post my daily burpee count in my "Yesterdays WOD" section, so feel free to follow along... anyone up for the challenge?

     I'll let you all know when this will start, but it won't be till mid-to-late April. That will at least give me enough time to prepare I guess. So... if you think you're up for the challenge, post your "I Will!" to the comment section. Be warned, this will tax the hell out of your shoulder, this is not for the faint of heart. Anyway, train hard, keep moving... and do burpees (lot of them).


Untitled from Marc Womack on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Strength/WOD:


Warm-up skills:
5 x 3  40" box jumps
4 x 2  Bar Muscle-Ups


Strength (Dynamic Effort)
Squat 12 x 2  50% 1 RM (115 lbs)
Sumo Deadlift 12 x 2  55% 1 RM (195 lbs)


WOD:
4 rounds for time
250 m row
20 Back Extensions
20 Wall Ball Situps 20 lbs
Time - 9:51

Yes, I realize that I have a competition tomorrow... so sue me

3 comments:

  1. Burpees? I will! Had to think about it,but what the hell is there to think about?! I'm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Total of three, including me... so far.

    ReplyDelete