Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Community

     Alright folks, last day in Texas. Nothing like being less than an hour from Mexico and waking up to literally 0 degree weather... just wonderful. Anyway, I can complain all I want, and where will that get me? No where! But, where could a ramble take you? Everywhere!


     Alrighty everyone, last day on the road here. Which is what I want to talk about today. It can be a little difficult to keep up our fitness on the road. I will admit, I had my share of non-Paleo foods since I've been here... it happens. My first two WODs here had to be done at the hotel, which the only thing they had was a dip bar (no pullups... bummer).

     However, before I left, I emailed CrossFit El Paso and let them know I was going to be in the area, and asked if I could stop by their box. They, of course, said to come on in. It was a great place to get a WOD in, if you ever get the chance. The coaches were great, and the other athletes were some animals. Everyone there was very friendly, and a lot of fun to compete with.

     But, that's the thing about CrossFit... community. Not only are there like minded people at the gym you usually frequent (like good ol' CrossFit STL), but there are people like this all across the world! The community that CrossFit has created is second to none. I mean, think about it. If you just went to a normal Globo Gym, do you think you would email ahead for a workout, and be met with open arms? My guess is they'd take you money and not really care what you do... we care. Any travelling CrossFitter we're more than welcome to host, and it work the same way.

     So just be glad that we have such an open community that is willing to help out not just their athletes, but anyone looking to stay fit no matter where they are. Have you ever dropped into a box for a WOD on the road? Were you immediately accepted by the community in that box? How has your travelling fitness treated you? Post any stories to comments, and lets hear what you've experienced. So keep WODing, hit your MWOD... and do burpees.




3,2,1 GO!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD

15 min AMRAP
1 Ring Dip
1 Handstand Pushups
1 Strict Pullup
3 Ring Dips
3 Handstand Pushups
3 Strict Pullups
5 Ring Dips
5 Handstand Pushups
5 Strict Pullups
Rounds - 5 + 3 reps

As a team of 5
Hold L-sit on parallettes until 6:00 minutes total is spent in L-sit


Rest & Recovery
3 rounds
3:00 in hot tub
1:00 in 30 something pool
3 rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment