Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Questions...

     Good morning everyone. Its cold as hell, and I have to wear a short sleeve shirt. Some would say I'm crazy... I like to think of it as cheap. So, I can't skimp on the rambles.


     So, today I have a question for all of you...What is your favorite part of CrossFit? What keeps you coming back to the box day in and day out? Can you not get enough of the workouts? Do you love the camaraderie and community that we create? Is it the coaching or the practice we do with lifting heavy or gymnastics skills?... what is it?

     Maybe, its a little bit of everything. I find it hard to pinpoint my favorite thing about CrossFit, I mean... it's hard to find anything I hate about CrossFit (sans burpees). My favorite thing (besides seeing you all) is getting stronger. I've been spending a lot of time working on strength gain and practicing my skill, and it has been great.

     So, now I bring the question back to you. What is your favorite? Post thought to comments, and lets see what you got. Keep training, don't quit... and do burpees.



Crossfit AI Christmas WoD from Mike Tighe on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Skill/Strength:


Skills:
7 x 1  45" Box Jump
5 x 2  Muscle-Ups
Skin-the-cats
Just some good gymnastic skills. Box Jumps for the full extention followed by immediate flexion of the hips, and a pair of Muscle-Ups to work on stringing them together.


Stength:
Establish 1 RM Sumo Deadlift - 345 lbs
Establish 1 RM Back Squat - 195 lbs
Good lord, my back squat sucks. The sumo deadlift was very interesting, really felt the work in my adductors... these are just things I don't normally practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment