Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Travel Day

     Hey all! Well, its been a long 3 weeks of training. Running in the dirt, shooting weapons, carrying 50 lbs of gear 12 hour of the day, eating very un-paleo meals and trying to catch a few hours of sleep )AKA power nap. With it all over, I am ready to board a plane to the middle east and begin the 6 month journey that is to come. so let me ramble a little bit and say "see you soon" to all my loyal followers and readers.



     So, 6 months of being gone. Not too bad of a trip, especially when you figure that my first deployment was 15 months... this won't be that bad. As many of you know, I am headed to Qatar, while not giving out too much info over the unsecured Internet, I'm going to the "resort" of the Middle East. I can imagine that I'll be able to train, able to contact home, and continue my rambles... as they have been slacking during this training period (a lot).

     Once again, I do plan to focus very heavily on strength gains. Hoping for a 3 x Bodyweight Deadlift, 2 x Bodyweight Squat and a Bodyweight Press. Doing this I am starting with Rippetoes book Practical Programming, using the Linear Progression. An awesome book, if you get the chance to read, and I may devote a ramble to it at a later date. One of the early things I packed for this trip is my rings. So I will not be slacking on my Gymnastic work as well. as K-Star says, "I want more of everything."

     So now, I need to give some shout outs to the people I will be looking to for support. First off, my Wife, I swear this 6 months will blow by, and the most dangerous thing in store for me is a paper cut, I love you! And, when I get back, I'm teaching Ethan to do pullups. Second, the coaches and people of CrossFit St. Louis. Libbie, Laurie, Leeny, Diana, Soloman and the rest of the CrossFit STL crew (too many to count). It's been a privilege to WOD with you and that you put up with my attempts of coaching you, see you all really soon. Lastly (and not leastly) my family. This is our 4th rodeo through the deployment process, and the last one too. I know I will hear from you in emails, and likely care packages. I'm thinking of you all and will seeing you for Christmas (this year!)

     With those last few words I prepare my bags for departure. I'll miss you all, and see you very soon. Just remember, when the WODs get tough and you want to quit, I'll be doing workouts in 140 degree weather (I'm just saying). If you have any questions, or nice words, please feel free to post them below. One last plug, the burpee challenge starts tomorrow! This will continue until I reach US soil. Look below and I will explain more. Hit it hard, look forward to tomorrow... and do burpees.


Friday Night Lights 11.3 presented by CrossFit Scottsdale from Full Squared Productions on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD

1 Strict Dip
1 Handstand Pushup
1 Strict Pullup
3 Strict Dips
3 Handstand Pushups
3 Strict Pullups
5 Strict Dips
5 Handstand Pushups
5 Strict Pullups
5 Strict Dips
5 Handstand Pushups
5 Strict Pullups
3 Strict Dips
3 Handstand Pushups
3 Strict Pullups
1 Strict Dip
1 Handstand Pushups
1 Strict Pullup
Time - 3:59


Day 0 Burpee Challenge / 0 Burpees total
As you can see, I will be counting the day of the burpee challenge I am on (which will be the number for the day), and the total numbers of burpees completed to date. Obviously, we have not started yet, tomorrow (Saturday) will be day 1. You can complete the burpees throughout the day (which will help in the later days). However, every 50 days are done for time (and I will be asking for times). Post any questions you have about the challenge, and let's get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment