Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Epic Fail

     Hey gals and pals! Greetings once again, all the way from the Middle East. I'd love to insert a funny antecdote right here, but unfortunately for my ever changing schedule I just woke up... I guess that's kinda funny. Oh well, if it's not, we'll just take care of it with a ramble.


     So yesterday, while driving around base with my boss, we stopped at the local Green Bean Coffee shop for, well... coffee. Now leave out the coconut milk, hold the Stivia, I'm a black coffee drinker. Well, I got talked into getting a chilled mocha frappe espresso (you get the picture). At first, not that bad... but then I finished it. Holy sugar rush Batman! This thing floored me. When I got back to work I spent a good 20 minutes hugging the toilet, because it was just too much. I've been eating fairly Paleo since I got here, and that was way off the map.

     Now, this story comes with a question. A lot of us CrossFitters will follow a fairly strict eating habit. Be it Zone or Paleo, most of us are trying to get the most out of our fitness. So, have any of you out there ran into this? Has anyone out there taken one hard fall off the wagon? Did you experience a similar outcome as me? What are some of your "Epic Fail" stories? Leave a comment, spill your Paleo guts... and do burpees.


Friday Night Lights 11.5 presented by CrossFit Scottsdale from Full Squared Productions on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Strength/WOD:

Back Extensions 3 x 20

Weighted Situps 3 x 15

Sumo Box Squats 140 x 5 x 3

Sumo Deadlift 245 x 3 x 3


WOD:
8 min AMRAP
1 1 arm 40 lb DB Snatch 
1 L-sit Pullups                
1 Dip
3 1 arm DB Snatch
3 L-sit Pullups
3 Dips
5 1 arm DB Snatch
5 L-sit Pullups
5 Dips
Rounds - 3


Day 13 Burpee Challenge / 91 Burpees Completed


*3511*

No comments:

Post a Comment