Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

R&R

     This is going to be a very interesting time out here, as far as rest and recovery goes. One day a week I work 7AM to 3PM, then a 3PM to 11PM, then a 11PM to 7AM... kinda hard to get a normal schedule, don't you think? Oh well, I am pleased to see some cool stuff in the gym... people deadlifting! And not just an uneducated Dead, these people know what they're doing. I love people Deadlifting. The only thing I love more is my wife. So if my wife Deadlifts... I think my head would explode. Anywho, enough ranting, lets get rambling.

Dear God, I hope this isn't real


     So, speaking of rest and recovery... I have a question for my peeps out there. So there's a lot of things we will to get ready for our training. Adequate sleep, foam rolling, Paleo, K-Star's MWOD, CWT (that's the Contrast Water Therapy). There's so much out there that will effect abd ehance our performance. It can be difficult to do it all, I know. So what I'm wondering is which method of R&R do you most believe in? What's your favorite? How do you recover?

     Alright, being out here it's a little different. I don't have a foam roller (for the time being), sleep is as I can get it, and Paleo is up to what they serve in the chow hall. The biggest mover for me has to be the mobilization piece. I'm making sure to take the time to MWOD it up before I start to move under heavy loads, and stretch it out good once I'm done. I have to use what's available, and right now... that's my own body.

     OK, so that's my insight. I would love to be doing more, but for now that's it. So what about the rest of the viewing public? What is your Paleo rocket fuel? How much sleep does your body need? What keeps you at top performance? Maybe we'll hear of something new. So keep resting, hit your recovery... and do burpees.


Friday Night Lights 11.4 presented by CrossFit Scottsdale from Full Squared Productions on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Strength/WOD:

Front Squat 165 x 5 x 1

Press 105 x 5 x 3

3 Rounds for time:
5 145 lb Power Cleans
10 Burpees
Time - 4:20


Day 8 Burpee Challenge / 36 Burpees Total


*3511*

4 comments:

  1. Well, If I understand correctly... you must be speaking from the grave. You did say that if I deadlifted, your head would explode... right? And.. hmm...I believe that happened... earlier in the week :-)

    *3511*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm recovered when going back and hitting a wod is something I WANT to do, not because it's an arbitrary "on day" of a 3-on-1-off or 5-on-2-off or any other unpersonalized template. This is a change from when I would hit it even though I would have to drag myself burdensomely into the box or gym because it's not my "scheduled off-day". The difference mentally is tremendous to the positive! But some specifics are: 7hrs. of sleep per night (this is natural;I don't wake to an alarm) and a 1hr nap somewhere in the afternoon(again,natural). Usually I wod for 2 on 1 off, but have been known to go for 4 straight if I'm not feeling run down. If I feel beat the fuck up, I don't wod. Period. But I do do burpees every day....lately:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And btw, Photoshop. Trust me. These exaggerated pics are a result of advertisements on the web. Always refer to the current winner of Mr. Olympia for starters. There are some legit underground freaks that don't ever make it to the big shows because of lack of proportion, and they do get FREAKY big in certain spots (the ramblin' freak in a bicep example), but they never get big time exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs. Frosh - Yep, it exploded back then... stil recovering lol. But since I have my lacross balls with me I was able to mobilize and recover.

    Libbie - I'm with you on that rotation, fits very well into a 7 day schedule. Right now If you count the lifting I have one day off. Its about 4-5 WODs a week and 3 lifts of the big 4 (Squat, Deadlift, Press and Bench Pres)

    ReplyDelete