Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Shalom

     Hello everyone! Back again, and not a moment too soon, too. This last trip was pretty rough, maybe the roughest I've been on. I averaged 3-4 hours of sleep, many outside, and about 1 meal a day... and a LOT of waiting and traveling. But anyway, like I said, I'm back and I only have one more trip before that final one home. Ramble on!


     Last week I left a couple questions hanging in the air. One about post-WOD stretching and recovering and another about the adductors function in the squat. Both I have plans of rambling about in the next few days, so stay tuned for that.

     However, I just want to share with you all something I saw on this trip that really put things in perspective for me. It is as follows:

"Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond to it."
     - Charles Swindoll

      Sounds perfect right? What's really important is how we react to what happens in our lives. Crap out on a WOD? What do you do? Do you let it effect you all day and make you think you're not as good as you should be? Or, do you critique what you did wrong or (better yet) did right, and now you will come back even stronger?

     It relates the same way to our lives. Stuck in traffic... does it ruin your day and make you a pain to deal with? Or do you take the chance to collect your thoughts? Hell, if you check out the MWOD (ala K-Star) there's some great mobility drills you can do in your car... how great is that?!

     Listen, I just want you all to think about how things effect you. Your attitude is everything. And if you keep a positive one then no one or no thing can stop you. So post to comments what you do to deal with life's obstacles. Maybe we'll hear something that can help everyone. So stay strong, live well... and do burpees!


17 Minutes from Pat Carpenter on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to get my count back up and catch up on my burpees, you'll see that tomorrow. I will say, though I don't know what day it was, I nailed a 295lb back squat! 300's are right around the corner!!!

*3511* 

No comments:

Post a Comment