Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Back on the Horse

     Sup everyone?! Another day, and another day closer to returning. Finally... WODs in the states! Among other things, I can't wait. Just like I know you can't wait for today's ramble. So I don't want to keep you waiting. let's get to it.



     Honestly, I'm a bit scattered today. Things are busy, getting things ready to make that last trip home. I'm even stumped on what I'm going to do for a WOD today (though I have some ideas). I just feel a little outside my body with everything that's going on around me... Wait, does that sound familiar to anyone?

     Yep, I'm talking about the WOD. Sometimes your best laid game plan just can't hit the mark. Your strength may feel like a weakness. And you feet may feel like cemement (which would suck for box jumps and double unders).

     Days like this happen. I know I've talked about this before. I do that because I think it's very important. Crap days will happen, and if you haven't had one... it will. What's super important is how we deal with something like this.

     Does it ruin your day? Do you stew about it? Does it make you want to go out and get a 6 double cheeseburgers and throw Paleo to the wayside? Well, this is probably not the response that we're looking for. Realize that your workout does not define you as a person. Know that you not any less fit because of a bomb day. Finally, accept that if you continue to put your hard work in you will get better.

     I just wanted to impart a few words of wisdom for everyone out there. It would be great to hear the same thing from you all. How do you handle a rough WOD? What makes you bounce back when you get nowhere near your PR? Post thoughts, comments or questions below... and do burpees!!!


"I learned that life is full of danger.  The only way to avoid danger is to avoid life, and you can't do that.  You just have to live your life and learn to overcome your fear of the danger."
     - unknown (from Catalyst Athletics Blog)


3,2,1 GO!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Training:

5/3/1 Program
Bench Press
130 x 5
150 x 5
170 x 5
Haven't benched in a long while. Didn't feel TOO bad

Accessory Work (score for chins)
Round 1: 11 Dips
Round 2: 11 Dips - 12 100lb Situps
Round 3: 11 Dips - 12 100lb Situps - 13 135lb Bent Over Row (clean grip)
Round 4: 11 Dips - 12 100lb Situps - 13 135lb Bent Over Row - Max Chins
Chins - 12
My biceps were shot by the time I got to the chins. Ouch!

Day 163 Burpee Challenge / 13244 Burpees Completed

*3511*

No comments:

Post a Comment