Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stress

     Hey guys and galls (and other). Today is, of course, another day. Another day for a ramble. Another day to hit a PR, and another day to enjoy life. So today I intend to tack on a little convo like we were having about mental aspects of training. Today I just want to hit on something we deal with throughout our lives...


It can work for you too
     ... Stress! Yes, I'm sure every single one of you have dealt with this little bugger at one time or another. From the daily WOD, to eliminating sugar from your diet, or I don't know... deployment! There's no escaping it. However, what is important is how we deal with it when stress heads its ugly rear (I may have that backwards). So let's look at some options:

The WOD



     As much as this can cause stress, it's also a great stress reliever (weird, huh?). Personally, I find it a great way to cope with the piling crap which can be my day. When I start my WOD I use all the bad emotions I've encountered and put them into my WOD. It's almost I'm overcoming the stress that was plauging me earlier. Usually, when I leave I feel fresh (smell "fresh" too) and like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders (and I don't mean the bar).

Talking/Laughing

It's a thinker...

     Psych Docs get paid the big buck to deal with peoples problems and deep seeded issues. When you don't have the MD available you have other valuable people to help: friends and family... and you don't even have to pay them! I say "laughing" because I think there's no greater cure for a case of the blues then getting your giggle on. Just the act of a big ol' cheesy grin can make the clowds go away. So find a friend, and hear a joke, I bet it will help

Perspective



     I think I'm actually quite good at this, and that's putting your day (or you life) in perspective. Like the quote says:

"I never criticize a man untill I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."

     But seriously, how bad can you're day really be when you put things in perspective. Ok, you were late to work because you got stuck in traffic. Well, you have a car, you have a job... and hopefully you still have a job.

     There's so many people at there in worse situation, or that need more support than ourselves. Just take stock in all the good things you have in your life, and how lucky you truly are... it just might help.



     That's it folks. I hope you are all living a stress-free and fun day. When like gives you lemons... you eat the lemons (because adding sugar wouldn't be Paleo). Post any thoughts, comments or stress reduction methods to the comments. And enjoy your day, enjoy your life... and do burpees!

3,2,1 GO!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deadlift from below knees (work to a heavy single)
490 lbs!
There was no grinding at 485, but 490 was a fight, and 500 wasn't happening. But I know now if I can get the weight to just under my knees I will stand up with it. This next week I'll work on pull just to the knees, and then put it all together my last week here. Hopefully I can hit my gaol or near it.

Accessory Work

Dips 4 x 9

then...

Complete and score for max pushups: (rest 60 seconds between rounds)
Round 1: 5 135lb bent over barbell rows
Round 2: 5 bent over BB rows - 10 step up to box with 135lbs in front rank position
Round 3: 5 bent over BB rows - 10 step ups - 15 100 lb weighted situp
Round 4: 5 bent over BB rows - 10 step ups - 15 weighted situps - max pushups (feet on box)
Pushups - 23
My arms were pretty sore at this point from the dips, but it was still a good challenge

Day 154 Burpee Challenge / 11813 Burpees Completed

*3511*

No comments:

Post a Comment