Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Growing up Globo

     Howdy howdy howdy! Another great day in the neighborhood. Won't you be my neighbor? .... ok, that sounds a bit creepy. That and I already have some neighbors, and they either do P90X or have a lot of sex, judging from all the moving around I hear from upstairs... it's a good thing they don't read this blog.


     Ok, enough neighbor bashing for one morning. Just so you're all not worried, tomorrows blog will have some solid coaching. Today, I have to ramble JUST a bit more. And if you can't guess from the title, it's about the Globo Gym.

Would you guys worry if I sported a stache like that?

     By Globo Gym I'm just referring to the mass produced Gold's Gym, Planet Fitness, or other corporations around the world. Sometimes I have to used the gym on base, cause I'd like to eliminate the hour on the road going to and from the box, especially if I'm going to do for Back Squats.

     So yesterday I did exactly that (with the Back Squats). Normally I have a run-of-the-mill trip to the base gym. Every so often... it gets a little weird. So I made my way near the squat rack and was warming up with a jump rope and hitting an MWOD. So this fairly athletic gentleman also came to the area. First impression was the guy was all business, which I don't see all the time.

     However, in the middle of my mobility work the guy starts singing whatever is playing on his iPod. Ok, maybe that's too weak a word. He wasn't singing... he was belting out the song! I didn't know if he was there to workout or put on a concert... sounded a little bit like the later. Perhaps it was his mating call and he was there to attract a female. Who knows... I wasn't going to ask.

     I'll finish the story of my trip on a positive note. I saw two other guys there squatting fairly heavy and with very good form. It's always nice to see someone at the gym that actually there to get stronger.



Wow, that looks like an accident waiting to happen

     So, that was my little rant I had to put out. We're going to spend the next couple of days talking about some of the core movements in CrossFit, so it won't be mindless rambles... I promise. Tell you what I want from you: either leave a comment of a funny gym story you've seen or heard... or do 50 burpees. Your choice.



3,2,1 GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment