Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Little CrossFitters

     Here we are again. Not only are we at the start of another ramble, but we are at the start of another Burpee Challenge! I know that is how all of you wanted to spend the end of 2011... racking up burpees. Well, try to contain your excitement and let's get to it.


     I guess today I'm speaking to different demographic. By that I'm mean I'm talking to those with little kiddos. I had the realization last night while doing a workout in the garage about how kids are interested in CrossFit, or at least working out in general. Ethan is always asking me if I'm going to do weights. Luckily for me he counts reps for me. Unfortunately for me... sometimes they're not right.

     Anyway, I believe kids seeing their parents so involved in fitness makes them want to be involved in it too. It's kinda like if you swear around your kid, they might too... but the former is a lot better.

     As you may no, CrossFit does have kids programs. From the very little, to the high school age. For the little guys and girls it's important that working out is fun, and not a beat down session (which would be fun for peeps like us). It's kind of like tricking them into working out, or make workouts a treat for them. That's what is going to keep kids wanting to CrossFit and do their workouts.

     What do you folks think? Anyone ever taken their little ones to a CrossFit kids class? What do you think they got out of that? Post any stories, thoughts, comments and questions below. And be a role model, keep training hard... and do burpees!




3,2,1 GO!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Training:

12 Day's of Christmas WOD (done exactly like you sing the song)
1 Wall Walk
2 Handstand Pushups
3 Broad Jumps
4 Forward Rolls
5 Burpees
6 Plyo Lunges
7 Lateral Hops
8 Squat Jumps
9 Wall Balls
10 Bent Over Barbell Rows 95lbs
11 Push Press 95lbs
12 Squat Cleans 95lbs
Time - 26:40
That was rough. The rounds of 10, 11 and 12 just got slower and slower... fun fun


December Burpee Challenge:
1/31 completed, 1 Burpee Total
Like I said folks, today marks the start of a 1 month burpee challenge. If any of you gave my deployment burpee challenge a try... or at least the days that I tested, you'll know that this is going to be a whole lot easier. So no more excuses, let's finish this year right!

*3511*

No comments:

Post a Comment