Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Calling all motivators

     Hey there, once again. Sorry about the miss yesterday. Frankly, I'm suprised that was my only one over the holidays. Though I've been tired, moving constantly, and been tired... the house looks awesome! Let's see if I can bring the ramble to the same shining brilliance.


     So, I've been finding myself falling down a slippery slope when it comes to my training. Yes, it is the time where we have very little time, very little sleep and all that jazz. So what do we do? A weaker man makes excuses for his training. Thoughts like, "I just don't have time" or "I'm too tired" should not be an issue. It's CrossFit, a WOD can take less than 10 minutes

     That's what will get you everytime, is your negative self-talk. It's like talking yourself out of a WOD, and what's the point of that? The plus of CrossFit is the fact that is so time friendly. You can do a bodyweight WOD in the middle of your living room (trust me, I did 108 burpees for time there).

     What we need sometimes is motivation. That could come from a song, a video, a training partner, or whatever... but it needs to be something. We may not need it all the time, but when we're not getting the work we should... that's when it counts.

     Have any of you ever experienced this? Do you have something that fires you right up? Post stories, thoughts, questions and comments down below. Maybe something you throw down there can get me going. So stay positive, find you mojo... and do burpees!

Maybe this will provide motivation


Bob's garage gym from Tim French on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Training:

Rest
I really wanted to get that challenge WOD in, but instead I hung lights for time... PR

1 comment:

  1. Last wod was 5 days ago (100 burpee pull-ups, 10" jump, 15:59) so going into the globo today to strength train (squats & presses) had zero motivation behind it. ZERO. Something about taking more time off than what's necessary for recovery that makes one more apt to say, Screw it...I'll start back tomorrow. Didn't attempt go up 5lbs on my squat, but I did hit last week's numbers (270) without using a ball under me for awareness. Pr'd my press, though. Up to 150 for 3x5. Left feeling pretty good and reinvigorated. All in all, the most difficult thing was getting my lazy keester out of the house and through the front doors of the globo. The most difficult and courageous part of any endeavor is the beginning, that first step.

    ReplyDelete