Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gobble Gobble

     Good morning people, and a very Happy Gobble Gobble to all!... that means Happy Thanksgiving. I hope everyone got their WOD in good and hard yesterday, I can imagine that we're all going to be quite un-paleo today. Nothing wrong with that. Though I heard on the radio that the pilgrams had all types of fish and eel at Thanksgiving... how Paleo is that?!

Once again, everything is better with bacon!
     What should today be about? Do you think I should be rambling about CrossFit and training? Maybe I could talk about mental fortitude (like about trying to finish all that turkey)? No, obviously this is a day we give thanks, and what a better way to ramble.

      Family, friends... these are what is important. I know many of us think that CrossFit is the best thing since sliced almonds, but it's our relationships that keep us going. It's the people we surround ourselves with that motivate us. And it's the loved ones that we want to be better for every single day.

     So remember what today is about... togetherness, football and tryptophan. I also ask another important question for the viewing/reading public. What are you thankful for this year? I'm thankful I'm home from deployment and with my family. Post thoughts, questions, comments and holiday wishes below. Remember, enjoy family, eat a lot... and do burpees!


Oktoberfest Obliteration III Trailer 1 from Running Bull Media on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Training:

Strength:

-Deadlift
Worked up to 415lbs
- Good Mornings 2 x 12 at 95lbs
- Bicep curls 3 x AMRAP
Before you all throw hate my way, I have a powerlifting meet coming up that has 1RM Curl in it... so I have to

WOD:

15 minute AMRAP
buy in: Annie
then
5 135lb Front Squats
10 pushups
Ended up with 8 minutes remaining, and I finished working on my 4th set. I was and still am very upset about this WOD.

*3511*

No comments:

Post a Comment