Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

System Error

     Hey guys. A little rushed for time today. Basically, my laptop refused to work today, and now I'm writing this moments before I start my shift for "work". Hopefully my computer-illiterate butt can get things working again, and I can bring you a full ramble tomorrow. So, I'll pose a question to everyone today, and respond in the comments.

     Everyone has a feared WOD. Something that destroyed you the first go around (or mutiple times), and you're nervous anytime mentions the name. For example, I have two WOD, of very different time domains. First, Eva... that girl made my hands into ground chuck. 150 pullups and 150 2 pood swings will rip anyone pretty good. Not to mention you have a 2 1/2 mile run when all is said and done, so this thing is a slug fest. second, the Air Force WOD. Odd that something named after the "Chair Force" would make me want to hide under the stairs (just joking from any zoomies out there). But this WOD turns me to goop everytime. The burpees add up, and the Overhead squats are my Lex Luther.

     Anyway, that's my tail of horror. What makes you cringe? 2k row? Fight Gone Bad? Swallow your pride and list in the comments. I'll see you all tomorrow. So work those weaknesses, styay healthy... and do burpees!


"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an egg and ham breakfast. The chicken was 'involved' and the pig was 'commited'"
     - Unknown

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesteday's Training:

1 RM Back Squat - 245lbs (just didn't have it in me today)
1 RM Deadlift - 455lbs (10 lb PR... 460 wouldn't budge)

Overhead Walking Lunge 100lbs x 3 x 8
Wide Grip Pullups (strict) 3 x 8
Goblet Squats (increasing load) 5 x 5 @ 21X1
- 60lbs - 70lbs - 80lbs - 90lbs - 100lbs

Day 116 Burpee Challenge / 6786 Burpees Completed

*3511*

3 comments:

  1. Easy. Fran. Once I got to sub 5mins, ripping headache, and a nose bleed, I told myself it just wasn't worth it. All that to get sub 5? No thanks. I just mentally can't summon the aggressiveness necessary to attack that wod anymore. Last time I did it in 5:22. I just don't care anymore. The hate is better described as apathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 455!!!!! You own deads these days! 500 is within 3 months, easy, if you specifically trained it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! Check out today's quote... you were commited!

    Thanks man! 510 is the goal (triple bodyweight)

    ReplyDelete