Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

T-Log and PR!




Yesterday proved to be a pretty alright day for getting some work done:

"Grace" Rxd
Time - 3:43
PR by over a minute. This was with dropping each rep too. I was half-way done at 1:40, so the second half was just 20 second longer. I'm pretty happy with this, but next time I can try for stung together reps and knock down that time again. I guess the overall goal for the year is sub 3:00... Super Goal is sub 2:00!  3 down... 49 to go.

Every Minute on the Minue for 15 minutes w/ 1.5 pood KB
2 Power Cleans
2 Front Squat
2 Push Press
*do all right side then all left side, and rest remaining time*
Once I got into the first few minutes it was about 20 sec a round, I wish I had a heavier KB. I've been doing a lot of work-rest interval type of work. I believe this has been paying off when I throw down on a WOD. To improve I need to start cutting down on my rest time. If I would do this I'd probably up the reps to 4 or 5.

     I caught the tail end of a story on my morning ride into work. There was a man that got lost in a blizzard while snow shoeing for two days. To survive he built shelter out of the snow and burned everything he had, even the money he had with him. The thing caught my attention was that he said he would imagine and even dream of being in a hot tub. This is where mental fortitude gets you. He was eventually rescued and lives to tell the tale. So, when death stares you down, what will you do? Roll over and let it come, or say, "not today ^%#$ face!" I hope we would choose the later (with or without the explatives). Train hard, stay sharp... and do burpees!



@Work With Champs: Jeff & Maguid from Marie Lyssa on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment