Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Out-think the WOD

     Good morning sports fans! I'm sitting here with my cup of joe, just ready to bring you another ramble. However, as I sit here thinking, I'm also pondering a question... If I had 3 dozen eggs, but I lost half, and my friend gave me a quater of what I lost, what is my Fran time? Sorry, I've been looking at my wife's homework too much. Let's start making some sense.


     Let's talk about losing. Not losing your step or your rythym (like I did long ago). How about losing to the WOD. I experience this more than I'd like to count, and even recently. Does this make me a worse of CrossFitter? Oddly no. Sometimes we have to take a step back to move forward, turn left to go right, and throw the One Ring into Mount Doom.

     Sometimes a WOD is filled with more goats than a farm, and that can effect us, both physically and mentally. After that WOD we need to keep our minds right to be ready to fight again... let's call it mental recovery.

     Not to get too in depth into your psyche, but think about what you just went through, and why you reached the outcome you had. Did you pace it all wrong? Did you go Rx when you should have scaled? Was it technique that slowed you down, or was it your wind? These are all important questions that you should be asking yourself, so when that WOD or a similar one rears its ugly head you'll be ready to crush it like Gallager vs. Watermellon.

     When you collect your raw data it's time to mold it to a working piece of art. Now you have an idea of areas you need to improve. You may come up with a better way to pace the WOD. You could have found the answer to cold fission. The point is, whatever you do, don't let yourself get beat down by the WOD. Have your post-WOD pity party, but then stand up, dust off the dirt (or chalk), and be ready for life's or CrossFit's next challenge.

     How does that soudn for everyone? Do you see what I'm saying? Just because your behind may have gotten handed to you, you can always be better for it. Post any thoughts, questions or comments. Looking forward to hearing past experiences or tips for the rest of us. So spend some time in the think tank, be ready for the WOD... and do burpees!


Crossfit Code 3 x Barbells for Boobs from ARGONAUTIX on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's Training:

AM
Every Minute on the Minute for 10 minutes
8 Kettlebell Swings 55lbs
8 Pushups
The last 3 rounds got tough

PM
15 Clean & Jerks 115lbs
15 Box Jumps 30"
100m "Odd" Farmers Walk*
*(45lbs Right/25lbs Left going up; 25lbs Right/45lbs Left going down)
15 Power Snatch 115lbs
15 Box Jumps
100m "Odd Farmers Walk
15 Front Squats 115lbs
15 Box Jumps
100m "Odd" Farmers Walk
Time - I don't know (Greg, comment if you remember)
That was a suckfest. I propabably did closer to 25 Snatches because of all my misses. Oh well, I can just be better next time.

*3511*

No comments:

Post a Comment