Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Let there be REST!!!

                    Crazy night in Vegas? or tools for an effective "Rest Day"?

     Good day to all of my follower(s), and what a wonderful day for rest. But how are we, or more specifically... am I taking advantage of this day without the Metcon to brutalize me? Well, prepare to be brutalized of course!

     The good book does not say "and on the seventh day the Lord did more burpees". No! But I bet he stretched out pretty good during that epic rest day. And even though I didn't create the Heavens and the Earth last week, I'm going to foam roll like I did (Author's Note: I am not comparing myself to God).

     So let's talk about the foam roller, and the genius that it is. My personal one comes from Power Systems (http://www.power-systems.com/p-3027-high-density-foam-rollers.aspx) and these can range from anywhere from $10-$20. Using this piece of equipment I will slowly roll my muscles over the roller, letting the muscles sink into the foam roller (its almost like a self-deep-tissue massage). I could go onto explain all of this, but why don't I use someone a lot more savvy and knowledgeable than myself... The Great: Jon Gilson


     Armed with the knowledge of the foam we are now ready to get the most out of our rest day.


"I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups."
     ~Rita Rudner

No comments:

Post a Comment