Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Weekend Warriors

     Afternoon folks. It's been long and tiring, but hell... it's Friday. Now its time to unbutton my pants, grab a beer and write a ramble. Seeing as how I'm still at work I'm just going to do the later and not the former. Anyway, I don't know drunk rambles would go... let's not find out.


     Being as we're about to kick the weekend off, how do you spend it? Is it just a free-for-all with pizza and beer? Or are you still training hard and getting in what you need? It boils down to how dedicated you are. Look at the best people in their sport. They are up at 4:30 every morning, they are training hard and eating what they need to be the best in what they do, and they find a way to make all that happen!

Saturday is my normal Squat day, and I will be back to things starting next week (getting over injuries). Once I can feel my low back and legs again that is. And I'll be damn skippy if I don't take every opportunity to train hard, and train smart.

     What does it even mean to train smart? Well, training smart is not sexy, new, or anything. Training smart is mastering the basics. It's practicing your sport day in and day out working on your fundamentals. In the strength and conditioning world that means providing increased stimulus to disrupt homeostasis and come back stronger. What else does this means? It means your going to have to fail to learn to succeed... and you better get used to that.

     So, I just wanted to leave you a little bit to tide you for the weekend. Remember, I will be rambling again on Monday sometime. I want my weekends, and I want you to enjoy yours. So come back next week, train your ass off... and BECOME UNBREAKABLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment