Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

After the high

     Hey folks. Hope you read my recap of the 6th battle for the cup event. It was a blast, and I can't wait for next year. However, we've road the high of the podium place, and now it's time to make a decision. Is this my only shinning moment? Or is this just the begining?


     I'll tell you what it's time for. It's time to get strong! As much as I love CF, I have been bit by the Iron Bug. I think there's great things about CrossFit, I also things there's weird stuff, I also think there's stuff that could cause injury (and has). This is why we have launched Adamas Training. We want you strong, and stong first. We also want you conditioned... but not so much as it would hurt strength. We're not reinventing the wheel, we're basing this on proven techniques and proven programming.

     Enough rambling about that, we're going to be going live with that in just a week or so (I'll let you know). Now, about what I want. Again, I want to be strong(er). I don't need to over complicate this with dynamic days, assistance work... WODs. Simple linear programming will do. This means every day I get under the bar, I add weight. I add weight untill that is no longer possible to complete 3 sets or 5 reps. Then we can get crazier with the programming.

     How is this so effective? It's all about adaptation. If you want to lift heavier weights, you must lift heavier weights. Your body will adapt, that's its job! No one makes 50 lb jumps between PRs. This is a game of pounds at a time, and a 5lb PR is till a PR!

     Time will come again that I wreck my body all weekend long (can anyone say Battle for the Cup 7?), but if I want to hang with the big boys I need to big boy... I need to be a man... a strong ass man! So let's start moving the iron. I'm resetting all of my lifts in order to come back strong. And even though I'm handling weight that is almost 30% of my old 1RM, I will soon be handling over 100%. Patience, persistence and strength... that's all you need.

     Post questions, comments and thoughts below. As always, get under the bar, lift the weight... and do burpees!


Elitefts - Valentines Training Video from Elitefts on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!

*3511*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment