Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Motivate!

     Good morning everyone... or good afternoon... or good evening... whenever you decided to ready this. All I'm saying is this gets posted at 9 AM.. So, it's always morning to me. Not trying to start a fight right off the bat, so let's get to some rambles.     


     Well, today (being Friday and all) would  be a great day to have a quick discussion about motivation. WODs can be a struggle beyond belief without the motivation to continue. Without the drive to finish, Fran can easily turn from sub 10, to over 15. So that begs the questions, what motivates you?

     Personally, I think it motivates me to know that I'm getting better every day, even if it doesn't reflect in my lifts or my times. I'm driven to be a better athlete, and try to be a better coach every time I step into our box. From my point of view, I see the same drive in many of you.

     You're all striving to be fitter human beings, or else you wouldn't be coming to CrossFit. Sometimes the motivation comes from the race during the WOD, and trying to stay ahead of, or catch the person in front. Then its gets down to the core of CrossFit... it's you vs. the clock. Or rather you vs. you. It doesn't matter if you came in first or last, what matters is you never quit, and you never let the WOD get the best of you, and you pushed yourself with everything that you had... that's what I want to see.

     So think about it, guys and gals. What motivates you in the gym? Keep training, move fast, lift heavy... and do burpees! Catch you on the flip side.



Crossfit HB from Oz Wroe on Vimeo.

3,2,1 GO!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday's WOD:


For time:
100 205 lb Deadlifts
Time - 8:40
Just made it a quick home WOD with what I had available


Paleo Challenge Day 11/30
Keeping strong, made Paleo Spaghetti last night... yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment